Thursday, August 26, 2010

The end draws near...finally!

Well, after starting a novel back in early 2001, it is almost done. I had put it aside several times, picking it up occasionally to work on it. I have since (about the end of 2009) made a concerted effort to work on it almost everyday, mostly on the train.

It is such a strange feeling to be wrapping-up and bringing closure to the characters I created in this dark-comedy fictional novel. It is as if a close friend is leaving me forever!

I am eager, though, to begin the next step in this journey and hopefully find an agent and become an officially published author. And even if it does not get published, it will feel great to say I at least finished what I started and I tried.

3 comments:

  1. But, my dear Jeannette, there is always a sequel! I hope you find a publisher right away and it's a best seller!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful! I had no idea you were an author of novel! I can't wait to read it when it is in publication, and be able to say, "I knew her BEFORE she became published!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure! Exciting, but kind of sad too. It's hard to put away something you've invested so much of yourself in...sometimes even, it's harder to share "your baby". Congratulations girl!

    ReplyDelete