Friday, August 27, 2010

You Don't Bring me Cookies Anymore

Occasionally, Don would bring home some amazing cookies from a bakery in Hoboken. Bringing me cookies is akin to bringing someone flowers and much more appreciated! Flowers wilt and die, they require maintenance, some make my allergies act up, but a cookie, a cookie stays with me eternally. I can recall with extreme clarity the taste and texture of a fine cookie as a wine connoisseur dreams of a rare claret they enjoyed once.

Well, the bakery in Hoboken is none other than the home of the TLC show the Cake Boss. Apparently now that the bakery has made the big time of reality tv stardom, the line snakes around the block and eager patrons wait for hours to enter the inner sanctum of the now-famous pastry chef. I saw a PATH train this morning from my train window, at first I thought the graffiti vandals had attacked it, the whole train was covered, including the windows in a giant advertising mess for the Cake Boss, enormous red TLC’s were splashed all over as was the Cake Boss’s face. One car, fine, but the same tacky ad covered each and every car!

I digress from the topic at hand, sort of. Until this show runs its course, Don no longer brings me cookies from this fine bakery. He does, though, attempt to sate my cookie addiction with substitutes, some have succeeded, most have failed.

3 comments:

  1. Aw... no more cookies for a while, it would seem. I don't, but DH watches that show, yes, my jaw has hit the floor a couple times, still can't believe it. He watches a lot of cooking shows, if I go into the living room and "Chopped" is on, I just turn around and go to my inner sanctum.

    Sorry your cookie supply has run amuck.... maybe the show will too???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure the show will run its course, they all do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww! That's sad! Wonderful for the owner, pastry chef, etc. but sad for you!

    ReplyDelete