Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Ooh something shiny...I never can keep my mind focused!

I was not even sure this blog and it's blogging platform still existed!

But I have wanted to write for so long, I am glad this old comfortable blanket of a site still existed.

I read some of my old posts and there were a few drafts.

Tonight I am here as I know no one will read this, especially my husband.

Pish posh you say, of course he will, he is your spouse after all so he would want to know what is happening in that quirky mind of yours.

But I know it is safe here, hidden from his eyes. Why? Because I wrote a novel, a complete novel full of characters, dark humor, murder, mayhem, love, hate and more. It has a beginning, a middle and an end. I wrote it over the course of a few years. I had it printed out so he could read it easily and correct my grammar.

My husband LOVES to correct my grammar and everyone else's so I thought he would revel in the chance to correct me. Alas, I was wrong. Yes, it does bother me. Yes, I have told him this but you know when you mention anything more than once in the course of twelve months, it is considered nagging.

So in a box from Staples it sits, some of the references becoming as outdated as...me.

Perhaps one day I shall self-publish.

Or not.

Anyway, I digress, I had not intentions to come on to this long-forgotten diary I had created almost a decade ago to whine about my book.

But now that I am on that subject, it is MY book, so I will do as I always do and take the proverbial bull by those horns and proceed to proofread on my own. I am not a complete grammar-less fool, I can construct a sentence, even a paragraph.

Well, that was a good talk, I am adding 'proofread and self-publish' to my growing to-do list!


No comments:

Post a Comment