Saturday, May 22, 2010

Someone told me its all happening at the zoo...

We bought a family membership to Turtle Back Zoo in West Orange, NJ. Today was the 2nd time for me this year and 4th time for hubby and Donnie. They had already been on Wednesday and Thursday this past week and Donnie wanted to go again today! When we got home and after his nap, he wanted to go back again.

They have the coolest bird aviary, you can buy these little popsicle sticks covered in bird seed and the birds come and sit on them. There are hundreds of colorful birds in there and miraculously, we all left without any spots of "good luck" droppings on us!

We rode the train and the carousel and checked out the animals. It is a lovely zoo and perfect for a day out. And they also have these lovely Zen-inspired gardens with plenty of benches and seats if you want to just sit and meditate, which I had Donnie doing at one point, wish I had the video camera going, was adorable! He had his legs crossed and did the thing with his fingers and was saying "uhm". Of course at 3 and half years old, that last for uhm, uhm, "Mommy, let's go over there now." But the two seconds were restful.

Tomorrow we will just hang-around here till Donnie goes to grandpa's and I will be listing pending I do not get distracted as I usually do. I was finally able to grab the last 2 discs of season 3 of Mad Men, so tempted to watch all the episodes now but I am saving them for the train rides.

Well, no major life realizing AH HA moments right now other than me trying to be more committed to posting more on here. Next week I will attempt to stay on my diet better and go to the gym. One thing at a time! At least blogging lets me sit and snack :)

1 comment:

  1. We too bought a year's membership to the Texas State Aquarium, closer than San Antonio.

    ReplyDelete